Deepen Your Practice and Share What You Love
Do you nurture an intense love for yoga?
Are you astonished how much your life has improved since you stepped into your first yoga class?
You gained strength, flexibility and fitness. You tapped into a deep calmness, and experienced a new sense of peace and inner beauty.
Now, what’s next?
Would you like to share your yoga with your community? Explore the philosophy of yoga? Or have you become fascinated by human anatomy?
Our Teacher Training helps you nourish a deeper understanding of yoga, delve into human anatomy, and gain the confidence to share the magic of yoga with your friends and family and community.
“I highly recommend this training to anyone interested in learning and experiencing the roots of yoga and Ayurveda in a beautiful and supportive community. Prepare to be overwhelmed by the lifetime of learning opportunities that this training will open up to you.”
Passionate Students Become Excellent
Teachers and Yogis
To become a yoga teacher, you need to understand and practice yoga: postures, philosophy, meditation, and pranayama (yogic breathing). True learning includes both information and experience.
For example, you can read books about meditation or healthy eating, but you truly feel the benefits when you practice. When you experience a calmer, less reactive mind, you want to meditate. When your energy skyrockets because you’ve replaced sugary snacks with fruits and nuts, you won’t protest adding a few vegetables to your dinner plate.
As you establish a regular yoga practice, you learn firsthand about it’s benefits: stable energy, better sleep, less stress and calmer, happier mind.
You gain the skills and motivation to be a dedicated student: breathing practices you build upon month-by-month, meditation homework, and yoga sequences.
Over nine months of Teacher Training, you immerse yourself into yoga deeper than ever before, and you experience extraordinary growth in your own yoga practice, preparing you to be a skilled teacher. You develop your own authentic teaching voice through creative exercises and practice teaching.
Students have told us over the years that the toughest part of teaching is articulating the language: how to move into and out of postures clearly and succinctly. You’ll practice with us and we’ll give you a set of cues to get you started.
Our Training Goes Beyond the Others
You may think that you aren't cut out to teach yoga. Or that you aren't advanced enough.
But this is far from the truth.
During our training you develop your own practice. You build skills and grow in self-confidence.
This training marries dynamic Ashtanga yoga, student-centered, alignment-focused yoga, Ayurveda, and classical pranayama and philosophy:
“This was another reason I chose this studio’s training over others in the area. I firmly believe in the importance of having an understanding of the historical and purist method of a practice (i.e. ashtanga) in order to best integrate a more eclectic approach (i.e. anusara). That’s how I was trained as a therapist, so it made sense to me this way. Having a couple of different foundations from which to practice, teach, and relate to others is I think extremely beneficial. And the Ayurveda ties in a holistic component. The Ayurveda learning component was one of the main draws for me to choose the training at Balance.”
What Will You Learn?
You'll learn the foundations of yoga, plus way more than what's taught in a yoga class.
“This weekend was so magical and the feeling always lingers into my Mondays. Thank you for having Sudhir come it was truly an eye opener. I truly believe I wouldn't get this kind of training in any other studio. Especially having just moved down here, it's been nothing but a blessing meeting everyone in this yoga community.”
Sound Like A Lot?
The 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is taught over nine months, so you have plenty of time to get to grips with the material and become a confident yoga teacher.
Each month features one weekend of yoga immersion, giving you plenty of time to read and revise what you learn each weekend.
Of course, life sometimes intervenes. You may miss an afternoon or a weekend. This is okay because we record all the sessions. So you won’t miss any valuable learning.
What Qualification Does the Training Give Me?
At the end of the training, after completing six hours of practice teaching, you’ll be eligible for the 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Certification as a Yoga Teacher. This is an internationally recognized certificate.
About Your Teachers and Guides
AJ Durand (Precious Ephemera) has been a student of Yoga since 2003. He is known most for his sense of humor, playfulness and his genuine enthusiasm while teaching. He creates a casual but focused environment and he encourages you to ask questions, explore new techniques, and work your personal edge. He studied under the tutelage of Quinn Kearney, Claire Mark, Geri Bleier, andTom Quinn at Yogaview in Chicago where he completed 500 hours of Certification. He began his focus for alignment oriented and therapeutic yoga in 2010 inspired by Iyengar Master Teacher, Gabriel Halpern and has since acquired over 900 hours of cumulative study. He leads the YogaMatside™ Teacher Training and founded the Wheel of the Year Workshop.
He’s a cat mom, non-binary burlesque sensation, and a fierce advocate for Queer and Transvisibility. He’s passionate about Interactive Digital Design, Eclectic Paganism, and talking about the precarious state of Modern Yoga in the West.
Meredith Murphy has been a student of Yoga since 2005. She has over a decade of teaching experience and loves to share the knowledge she's developed through her personal practices . She's a direct student of R. Sharath Jois, the grandson of Pattabhi Jois. She's also studied with the top teachers in the world, including Manju Jois, David Swenson, Richard Freeman, and Tim Miller. Meredith is currently the official yoga teacher for New Orleans NBA Basketball team, the Pelicans.
AJ and Meredith are your personal guides throughout the training (and potentially for longer….) They answer all your questions about yoga practice, postures, philosophy, and ayurveda. They give you personal feedback on your first yoga class.
With more than thirty years of yoga study, AJ and Meredith help you learn more than you would have thought possible in nine months. They present diverse backgrounds of yoga study and different teaching styles.
Jessica Blanchard is a yoga teacher, ayurvedic practitioner and Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RD, LDN). Founder of Balance Yoga & Wellness, Jessica has taught yoga since 2003. This year she will take a step back from direct involvement in the YTT as she enters medical school at LSU. Jessica will be involved in overall curriculum development, administration and program strategy.
Online Anatomy Instruction
David Keil brings his unique style to teaching human anatomy. Because of his passion, he makes this complex and sometimes frustrating topic easy to understand. So we can all advise our students confidently.
David recently published the comprehensive manual Functional Anatomy of Yoga, the most accessible book about anatomy on the market today.
You'll have access to the anatomy videos and instruction for life -- so even after the training finishes, if you need to refresh your understanding of the spine or the hips, you'll have a wealth of information at your fingertips.
What's Included In the Training
- Nine Weekend Immersions
- Online access to the course recordings
- 160-page Teacher Training Manual
- Tuition for online Anatomy Course with David Keil
- Four guest teacher modules: Hands-on adjustments, Teaching Special Populations, Teaching with Sensitivity to Trauma, Using Your Story To Connect with Your Students
- Practice teaching in small groups so introverts feel at ease
- Personal written feedback on your first class
- Art projects
- Closing Party and Celebration
- Yoga Alliance Certificate upon completion of program
- Training cost: Early bird prices is $3099 if deposit paid by ... full price $3399.
- The training starts ...our training is delayed due to COVID and the uncertainty of the pandemic. If you are interested in the training please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll keep you in the loop.
- The training meets once per month, nine times from September to May with a Closing Celebration.
- Weekend schedule
Fridays 5:00 - 8pm
Saturdays 9am - 6pm
Sundays 8:30 - 5:30pm
- 2021 Weekend Dates: Coming soon!
- The early bird price is valid until June 30, . You must deposit $500 towards the training to be eligible for the Early Bird price.
- Only 20 seats are available.
- We offer a flexible payment plan of four installments or monthly installments.
- Trainees will receive a discounted monthly rate of $60/month for unlimited yoga during the training. We have options for trading your time for monthly yoga.
- A $500 deposit is due upon enrollment to hold your spot. If you cancel 30 days or more before the start of the program you will forfeit $250 of your deposit and the remaining balance will be refunded. If you cancel 14-30 days before of the start of the program, you will forfeit your entire deposit and any remaining balance will be refunded. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you cancel within 14 days before the start of the program or do not attend the program, the entire deposit and program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. Once the program begins the program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Take the First Step
Or Click This Link to apply.
Once we've reviewed your application we'll respond with more details.
Email info [at] balanceyogawellness.com or meredith [at] balanceyogawellness.com